“There are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm.” – Theodore Roosevelt
What is the NEPARC photo project?
NEPARC is seeking to expand its photo collection to include pictures for all Northeast herp species. We’d like to have beautiful, eye-catching photos to use on the NEPARC website and/or NEPARC products.
If you have photos you are willing to share with NEPARC, please help by…
- Creating a CD of the photos you are willing to share
- Photo resolution: 300 dpi JPG format is preferred. Photos should be at approximately 3000 x 2400 pixels.
- FYI, NEPARC will transfer files from your CD to an electronic storage area
- Naming each photo like “SpeciesName_State_YourName”
- For State – Use postal abbreviation for the state where the photo was taken. It would be great to capture any regional variation in species appearance.
- For example, the Spring Peeper photo on this page might be called either:
- See below for the Photographer´s release form for photographers to review and sign.
- Bring CD and signed form to the annual meeting or email Lori Erb for mailing instructions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What species are needed?
We’d love to have all Northeast herp species represented. All species photos are welcome, but the Most wanted species list identifies species that we are missing. This list was last updated 2/06/2012. Currently we have over 80% of Northeast species with pictures. Please help us get to 100%!